Terms of reference
1. To define and consider appropriate roles and uses for Battersea's Public Open Spaces, including all public areas.
2. To seek to ensure that any proposed developments within Battersea' Open Spaces conform to Agenda 21 requirements and are contained within human terms and scale.
3. To monitor all developments including any use or "Open Space" activity including road and other transport proposals.
4. To investigate and initiate appropriate models for 'best use' and development of Battersea's Open Spaces and work with statutory and business organisations plus the voluntary sector to move towards the implementation of 'best solutions' for intended projects as well as the enhancement of existing uses.
5. To monitor the appropriate nature of all public works between private spaces together with key proposals (e.g. lottery bids, major development proposals) and comment thereon.
6. To draw together elements of a policy that would highlight and appropriately publicise, further roles and uses of Battersea's Open Spaces to best improve the quality of life for all who live in, or use, Battersea.